The Design Engineer for Schonbek in Plattsburgh, NY will design and develop products which meet the design/marketing requirements with an efficient design to manufacture. Will create and manage project plans using the Schonbek Phase / Gate process and may manage one or more projects.
1. Develop prototypes of products by evaluating design and marketing requirements.
2. Obtain prototype approval by developing revised prototypes based on design & marketing feedback.
3. Introduce new product designs into production by completing design drawings, tooling drawings and facilitating release process throughout organization.
4. Ensure that the designs are both accurate and cost effective.
5. Keep up to date on Certification requirements of product designs.
6. Complete quality product designs that adhere to all regulatory standards for region product is being marketed in.
7. Modifications of existing designs as required.
8. Ensure timely releases to production by adhering to established engineering/production schedule for that project.
9. Complete both Standard product and/or Project product designs as required by workload.
10. Provide on-going direction and support to Engineering and Production on assigned design projects.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Design Engineering or Related Field
1-4 years work experience in a manufacturing environment
CAD experience, NX a plus
Project Management experience a plus
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office