The Schneider organization has an immediate need for a Corporate Accounting Intern who will provide support in the monthly closing and account reconciliation process. In this position you may also complete financial and other surveys received from various governmental agencies. The Corporate Accounting Intern will gain an understanding of the various functions performed by the Corporate Accounting Department as well as developing analytical and time management skills. You will gain visibility to the various entities of Schneider while developing insights to the financial arm of a large organization.
About the role:
- Participate in the monthly closing and account reconciliation process. Account responsibility may include:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Fixed Assets
- Maintenance and other transaction-based accounts
- Perform special projects as requested
- Other duties, as assigned
An internship at Schneider is an excellent opportunity for you to tie what you have learned in the classroom into real-world experience. You will develop many skills to include:
- Communication, Relationship Building, and Networking Skills
- Customer Management Skills
- Transportation and Logistics Knowledge
- Paid Internship
- Part time: 20+ hours per week (flexible)
- Developmental opportunities designed specifically for associates in the Intern Program
- Summer and Year-Round Opportunities
- Comprehensive training, learning multiple facets of your department or line of business
- Opportunities for full time employment after graduation
Ideal candidates will:
- Be enrolled in a college degree program focusing on Accounting/Finance, Business Administration or Business Management and have completed Freshman year with a cumulative GPA 3.0 or greater
- Have analytical and organizational skills
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Take initiative, be a self-starter, able to work independently, have strong attention to detail
- Have ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize workload
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.