Based in Louisville, Kentucky, Schneider Electric’s Energy & Sustainability Services (ESS) division addresses clients’ diverse energy and sustainability management needs. Experts within the division provide integrated solutions to meet clients’ energy supply, efficiency and sustainability challenges. With an expanding global footprint, Energy & Sustainability Services includes a team of more than 2,000 energy professionals in offices around the globe.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
Integrity: demonstrates this in all interactions
Initiative: recognizes and acts on what needs to be done without being asked
Honesty: transparent in the interactions with other employees, prospects, clients, etc.
Leadership: proven track record of effective leadership in a sales role
Persuasiveness: ability to work through challenges to achieve results
Responsible for creating interest in Schneider Electric’s Energy & Sustainability Services, a leader in consulting and technology services, by initiating contact with potential prospects via multiple outreach initiatives. This individual plays a vital role in the success of the Sales team in revenue achievement and in the overall success of the company’s growth strategy. The lead generation efforts include uncovering potential prospects, qualifying prospects, identifying the decision-making process, providing marketing collateral, and setting up sales meetings for prospect’s decision-maker and Schneider Electric’s Client Development team members.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Contact prospects via telephone, email and direct mail in order to generate client interest, set follow-on appointments, develop sales opportunities, qualify prospects, and develop new business opportunities with company executives
- Meet established quota for lead generation and sales appointments
- Conduct thorough prospect qualification, including the identification of prospects and their roles, decision makers and uncovering the fit/need for Schneider Electric’s services
- After formal training on the Energy & Sustainability Services offers, communicate the value proposition in a quick, compelling, and effective manner with key decision makers over the telephone
- Conduct research to uncover appropriate executive-level contacts
- Work closely with ESS Marketing to accelerate lead generation and follow-on appointments with potential clients
- Maintain and update the prospect database in SalesForce.com in collaboration with the sales team
- Build and maintain a healthy sales funnel for future growth of our organization
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university.
- 2+ years experience with inside sales, lead generation and/or executive-level prospecting
- Collaborative mindset – a team player who wants to make a difference
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills – highly articulate
- Experience in prospecting within Executive levels of Fortune 1000 companies
- Proven effectiveness at conducting business conversations over the phone
- A desire to pick up the phone to dial and identify new sales opportunities
- Excellent presentation and time management skills
- Experience with web research tools to uncover executive-level contacts and decision-makers
- Knowledge of the energy and sustainability industry preferred
- A displayed passion to make a difference
- Reasoning & Critical Thinking Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Conflict Resolution Skills: Ability to handle and resolve complex issues within a team, department and client process.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office and other database software; SalesForce.com