SCHARLY DESIGNER STUDIO, Inc. is seeking a results-oriented Business Developer internship for our New York City office. This is a professional sales position requiring cold calls, client meetings, and a high level of participation at networking events.
SCHARLY DESIGNER STUDIO is an Architectural design firm focused on the restoration of Public buildings, institutional, residential, cultural, civic, and landmark structures. We have built a reputation for excellence by designing exhibition like The Velvet Underground Experience exhibition, the renovation of Religious Building, High-End retail store design in NYC.
Our design work is known for Innovation, Green-tech oriented and attention to seemingly small details that can make a big difference in the life of a building. For the business development team, that focus on details translates to a strategic, goal-driven approach to winning new work, with the follow-through to maintain and foster key client relationships. We aim to be the best in our niche field–and we take pride in our work.
• Identify, develop, and close new business:
– Prepare and implement a business development plan, including identification of target market sectors and potential clients;
– Qualify and pursue new business based on potential revenue, profit, and timely close;
– Identify decision-makers within prospective client organizations and establish meaningful contact through cold calling, emails, social networking, and meetings;
– Google Meet with qualified prospects to present the Firm’s credentials and/or identify and discuss specific opportunities for future work;
– Participate in the development of winning technical and fee proposals;
– Develop and participate in business presentations;
– Participate in the review and negotiation of contracts for new business.
• Proactively develop/maintain relationships and pursue opportunities for additional business with existing clients.
• Document/quantify results of business development activities:
– Effectively organize and track leads;
– Participate in regular business development meetings and coordinate activity with business development and marketing professionals in our Brooklyn, NY Studio;
– Submit activity (sales/revenue and projection) reports.
• Perform related duties as assigned or required to meet company goals and objectives.
Other Duties and Expectations
• Participate in professional/community organizations and activities.
• Attend continuing education programs.
• Demonstrate organizational skills.
• Be self-motivated regarding office projects and the office environment.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree OR
• Equivalent combination of academic and professional sales experience.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
• Excellent oral and written communications skills;
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage workloads to meet deadlines;
• Valid driver’s license.
• Experience in architectural, design sales;
• Identifying and landing new business in the public and private sectors;
• Selling professional services in the New York City metropolitan area;
• Knowledge of design and construction industry.