The goal of the ML team at Scale is to develop machine learning solutions advancing the company mission. Our current focus areas are computer vision ( 2D/3D detection, 2D/3D segmentation, object tracking), meta-learning (e.g. semi-supervised learning, active learning) and Natural Language Processing. You’ll be working on a combination of deeply technical ML applications in production and cutting edge research problems. Working at Scale will give you opportunities to work with our wide customer base which includes leading research teams and exposure to a wide range of problems within machine learning.
We are building a large hybrid human-machine system in service of ML pipelines for dozens of industry-leading customers. Our machine learning models form the basis for Scale’s expansion and future product strategy. We currently complete billions of tasks a month, and will continue to grow to support more complex use cases and more advanced ML powered products.
As a Machine Learning Research Engineer – New Grad, you will:
- Research and develop machine learning solutions to assist humans in the loop
- Aid in the creation of high quality ground truth data with speed and accuracy
- Take state of the art models developed internally and from the community, use them in production to solve problems for our customers and taskers
- Take models currently in production, identify areas for improvement, improve them using retraining and hyperparameter searches, then deploy without regressing on core model characteristics
- Work with product and research teams to identify opportunities for improvement in our current product line and for enabling upcoming product lines
- Work with massive datasets to develop both generic models as well as fine tune models for specific products
- Graduating in 2022 from a PhD or MS Program with a focus on Machine Learning, Deep Learning, or Computer Vision or graduating from a relevant undergraduate program and have published papers in Machine Learning fields
- Have had a previous internship around Machine Learning, Deep Learning, or Computer Vision
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.