About Us: SC Engineers is a consulting engineering firm located in San Diego, CA providing outstanding expertise in the areas of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineering; utility distribution; energy management; commissioning; project management; and building automation for building and infrastructure systems. Established in 2004, SC Engineers has established a reputation for producing energy-efficient and sustainable solutions to both public and private sector clients. Clients include federal, state, and municipal agencies; healthcare providers; community colleges and universities; and high technology organizations.
What We Offer: At SC Engineers, you’ll find a diverse and talented group of individuals that are passionate, goal-oriented, and engaging. We understand that people are the drivers of innovation and that is why we seek the most highly qualified employees who do outstanding work in their area of expertise to help steer our success. SC Engineers offers an exciting and dynamic environment and a widely diversified portfolio of interesting and challenging projects. You will have the opportunity to strengthen your talents and skills as well as share your creativity and unique perspective. We allow our team members to chart their career paths, offering support and encouragement along the way.
Job Description: We are currently seeking SENIOR MECHANICAL PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS (PEs) to join our San Diego, CA Team. Applicants should have recent, demonstrated experience in mechanical design and project management for private and public sector facilities projects. Responsibilities include:
- Field investigation.
- Preparation of calculations, reports, specifications, and presentations.
- Preparation of responses to Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Selection of equipment.
- Production of Mechanical and Plumbing drawings.
- Management of multi-discipline teams.
- Quality Control review of work completed by staff.
- Construction administration.
- On-time and on-budget delivery of projects.
- Client relationship management.
- Training and mentorship of junior staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering; required.
- Minimum of five years of experience as a Mechanical Project Engineer; required.
- Professional Engineer’s License (Mechanical); required.
- Thorough knowledge of building mechanical, plumbing, building automation, and energy systems.
- Knowledge of California Building Codes and Title 24; desired.
- USGBC LEED Accredited Professional (AP) certification; a plus.
Benefits: We combine a casual, fun, and team-oriented office culture with a progressive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, profit sharing, and 401K. SC Engineers provides a great environment for learning and advancement. Visit http://www.scengineers.net for more information.
Salary: Salary varies depending on skillset.