The Creative Project Manager (CPM) is responsible for managing marketing campaigns and initiatives to support Savvas Learning Company. As a member of the Savvas Creative Services Team, the CPM implements creative ideas in an in-house agency-like environment. The CMP serves as the key point person in launching, developing, and executing innovative and high-impact marketing materials to support all functional areas: Product Marketing, Design, Web, eCRM, Social Media, Content, and Production. The CPM will be responsible for overseeing a variety of digital and print projects, ensuring consistent branding and strategic focus throughout all communications. Projects include the development of web pages, videos, e-mail, social media assets, packaging, brochures, flyers, etc.
Scope and Impact of Job
- Supervisory responsibilities: None.
- Other duties as assigned by management: Support the Marketing, Communications & Research team with special projects as the need arises.
Requires a diverse range of related tasks including, but not limited to:
- Launch projects: perform intake, determine goals, identify scope and requirements.
- Create and distribute schedules to stakeholders.
- Monitor project workflow, ensuring milestones and due dates are met or adjusted as needed.
- Provide real-time transparency to project workflows and highlight relevant information immediately to minimize unexpected issues and mitigate risk.
- Lead project status meetings and maintain weekly status reports.
- Quality-control materials to ensure they meet internal and external requirements, including brand and legal guidelines.
- Work independently, yet collaborate with internal teams across all functional areas.
- Manage special projects as needed as assigned by management; provide creative support for internal/external training meetings and national education conferences as needed.
- Stay informed of relevant trends and best-in-class competitor campaigns.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in project managing the production of digital and print marketing materials required.
- Experience with the creative development process, including content and asset creation.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize each accordingly.
- Understanding of K–12 Literacy and Intervention markets a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong grammar, spelling, editing, and proofreading abilities with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Team-player attitude, excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Strong design sense and experience working within a highly creative environment.
- Understanding of campaign web metrics to help inform more impactful campaigns.
- Experience with the Mac platform and proficient in Adobe Acrobat Pro, Google Mail, Google Documents, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint (InDesign and Photoshop knowledge helpful but not required.)
- Familiar with Basecamp or similar project management software and digital flipbook software such as 3D Issue.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field required.
More About Us
Savvas Learning Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Savvas Learning Company provides access to a benefits experience created to offer our employees choice, flexibility, and the opportunity to save money for the future. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, tax-advantaged accounts, pharmacy, life insurance, disability insurance, matching 401(k), and paid time off. Our benefits are part of a total package that is carefully designed to support the total well-being of our employees.