Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a Fraud Technical Consultant within the SAS Fraud Security and Intelligence division, you will work with our Product Management and Research and Development teams and help contribute to product vision and direction and support the entire analytics lifecycle for fraud, financial crimes, and security value propositions. You will have the opportunity to collaborate across many divisions of the company to develop and share new ideas, techniques, and approaches to help solve real world customer problems and enhance the customer experience.
To prepare you for this role, you’ll attend a 14 week intensive technical training program – Technical Enablement Academy. In addition to providing soft skills training, the Technical Enablement Academy provides training in core SAS technology areas. During the Technical Enablement Academy, key stakeholders provide guidance, coaching and expert feedback. You will also have an opportunity to achieve multiple professional SAS certifications.
The training classes will run in February 2022 and June/July 2022.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree, preferable in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or other related quantitative field
- Academic or work experience with SAS, Python or programming in a third or fourth generation language
- Significant project and/or internship experience demonstrating individual and team work abilities
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and diagnostic skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with users with various technical backgrounds
- Organizational skills for managing commitments, schedules, and deadlines
The nice to haves
- Work or academic experience in technology areas such as business application development, client/server, data warehousing, database management systems, data presentation, and visualization, or web applications and services
- Public speaking experience such as presenting papers or classroom teaching
- Experience with cloud platforms and container technologies – Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack
- Experience with architecture, deployment, and configuration of enterprise class applications
The average travel is less than 10%.
- This is an entry-level position
- Location: Cary, NC (SAS HQ), but open to remote for the right candidate
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it – and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
In order to work at SAS, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.