Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
SAS consultants transform a world of data into a world of intelligence. Our mantra is ‘Be curious’ and we practice this daily by finding creative and innovative solutions to continually exceed customer expectations. The team needs smart, caring, bold and trustworthy individuals to join us in inspiring customers with the most trusted analytics.
SAS CEO Dr. Goodnight has said that the company’s most valuable asset are the employees, and SAS’ award-winning culture makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. That means we push boundaries daily and at SAS, you’ll be encouraged to use your imagination and constantly try new things.
To prepare you for an opportunity with SAS US Professional Services, SAS invests in your curiosity by providing you a 14 week intensive technical training program. The Technical Enablement Academy provides training in core SAS technology areas. You’ll receive the tools necessary to enable you to implement software to meet the complex computing and analytic needs of our customers. During the Technical Enablement Academy, key stakeholders provide guidance, coaching and expert feedback. You will also have an opportunity to achieve multiple professional SAS certifications. To enable your successful transition to consulting services, we will also provide best practices on customer interactions.
Academy start dates: February 2022 and June/July 2022
Upon completion of the Technical Enablement Academy, you will work as an Associate Technical Consultant to provide consulting services to clients, including solution development and software implementation at customer sites, within the SAS hosted environment, or within a public Cloud.
As a Technical Consultant, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work and collaborate with others on consulting projects and special projects
- Provide reliable delivery of targeted project results through the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies
- Understand, utilize, and communicate best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally
- Install SAS software solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes
- Participate in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings
- Leverage detailed technical knowledge to support implementations across industries
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree
- Academic or work experience with computer programming or demonstrated aptitude for picking up new technologies
- Technology projects and/or internship experience demonstrating both individual and teamwork abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with users with various technical backgrounds.
The nice to haves
- Experience programming with the SAS programming language
- Experience with database technologies. (SQL, Oracle, Hadoop, etc)
- Experience with cloud software or cloud computing such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure
Many US Consulting projects can be completed with no travel, however there are some customers that require onsite presence during an implementation. Employees travel preferences are kept in mind when management assigns project work.
- This is an entry-level position
- Candidates must be willing and able to work in Cary, NC
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it – and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information on US Equal Employment Opportunity, read more here: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
In order to work at SAS, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.