Summary of Responsibilities:
The Internal Audit Summer Internship role will provide the intern with an opportunity to participate in audits and gain a stronger understanding of the audit profession within the Banking industry. The primary function of the Auditor is to execute basic audit testing as part of internal audit reviews and activities. They will perform testing in a timely manner, ensuring all audit quality and client relation standards are met.
This 2022 Summer Internship is a 10-week program for undergraduate students who have an anticipated graduation date between December 2022 and May 2023.
The application deadline for this position is Sunday, October 24, 2021.
This internship position is located in Boston, MA. Before applying, please keep in mind that our internship program does not offer any relocation assistance. To learn more about our summer internship program and the activities included, please visit https://www.santandercareers.com/students.
Some responsibilities of Internal Audit internship role may include but are not limited to:
- Examines business records and collects information, exercises independent judgment in identifying issues and assessing risk as well and presents the results to the relevant audit team member.
- Executes basic control design and operating effectiveness testing as part of internal audit reviews and activities.
- Conducts post-audit basic follow-up tasks to appraise adequacy of corrective action taken by management to address audit recommendations.
- Documents audit testing and follow-up tasks in accordance to relevant audit standards.
- Demonstrates proactivity in professional development activities.
- Attends professional training actions provided by the company.
- Provides consistent quality service to both internal and external stakeholders that meets the company’s standards.
- Create an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion where all perspectives are valued and all people are welcomed.
- An undergraduate student with an expected graduation date between Fall 2022 – Spring 2023
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above, with a major in Finance, Accounting or related business field
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Strong analytics and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and within teams
- Eager to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Attention to detail
- Availability for entire internship program
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work in an environment that supports employees from all backgrounds and fosters an environment of inclusion.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.