Summary of Responsibilities:
During our 10-week summer internship program, beginning in June 2022, you will be placed in one of our dynamic coverage or product teams. Through on the job practical training, business overview lunch & learns, professional development training and networking across SCIB, you will gain the technical and problem-solving skills which will enable you to build your career with Santander.
This 2022 Summer Internship is for undergraduate students who have an anticipated graduation date between December 2022 and May 2023.
The application deadline for this position is Sunday, October 17, 2021.
This internship position is located in New York, NY. Before applying, please keep in mind that our internship program does not offer any relocation assistance. To learn more about our summer internship program and the activities included, please visit https://www.santandercareers.com/students.
Job responsibilities will vary depending on business unit but generally you can expect to be involved in supporting credit analyses, modeling, forecasting, pitch book and client preparation, executive management presentations, due diligence and involvement in the origination and execution of deal flow. You will be working in an environment where teamwork and partnership is critical to execute the best product for our client base. You will be partnered with a mentor, who is able to provide you with guidance and advice throughout the summer while immediately building your Santander network.
Placement will be in one of our core business lines listed below, all of which are integral to our growing franchise providing a sound foundation as you begin your career in finance.
- Banking & Corporate Finance
- Global Transaction Banking
- Global Debt Finance
- Credit Underwriting & Portfolio Management
We have a very strong interest to grow from within and therefore we make it our mission to focus on attracting and retaining junior talent. Our program is designed to get you on the right path to the next level. We have a strong global SCIB footprint which fosters an environment in which we promote internal mobility both locally and globally.
Our interns should actively support our Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion strategy which supports employees from every background and fosters an environment where colleagues feel welcomed, valued, listened to and able to contribute to and grow at our company. We believe that a diverse and inclusive environment helps create prosperity for employees, helps us serve our diverse clients, and contribute positively to our communities.
- An undergraduate student with an expected graduation date between either Fall 2022 or Spring 2023
- Cumulative GPA is 3.25 or above
- Highly motivated and results oriented with a desire to exceed expectations
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and courage in their leadership style
- Crisp communication skills with the ability to express facts and ideas clearly both verbally and in writing, interacting professionally, transparently, and effectively with people at all levels
- Strong critical thinking with the ability to develop solutions to complex challenges
- Ability to multi-task as required
- Ability to work independently on special projects
- Create an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion where all perspectives are valued and all people are welcomed.
- Shifts and/or schedules may change throughout the year as dictated by management and business needs
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.