Translational Sciences Bioinformatics & Genetics team is seeking highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellowship candidates with particular passion for spatial transcriptomics technology. The successful candidate would work with the diverse therapeutics area partners to drive drug discovery through the development of the cutting-edge spatial transcriptomics technology that enables researchers to gain new insights into the biological systems. This exciting Postdoctoral Fellowship opportunity will afford talented data scientist the opportunity to translate their data-integration and analytical abilities into novel actionable hypotheses and publications.
Summary of key responsibilities:
- Contribute to develop the analytical solution based upon the emerging needs, with an initial focus on spatial transcriptomics.
- Develop innovative and creative computational approaches to understand complex disease conditions using multi-dimensional –omics and clinical data
- Leverage the machine learning and statistical approaches to enable the rapid spatial transcriptomics analysis.
- Contribute to projects of Identifying therapeutic targets and biomarkers for indications of interest, through integrated analysis of high-throughput molecular data, real-world data and clinical phenotypes.
- Collaborate with wet-lab and computational scientific teams and help the group champion projects from discovery to early clinical development.
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Data Science and/or Computer Science.
- Programming proficiency in R and/or Python
- Working knowledge of HPC and/or cloud computing
- The ability to manage multiple projects in parallel, communicate clearly and effectively and build open and collaborative relationships is essential
- Strong interested in biology, medicine and caring for developing novel therapeutic intervention strategies for patients with unmet disease conditions, and an ability to liaise with scientists from multiple therapy areas to help define and address biological questions
- Knowledge of Computational Biology, Genetics and drug discovery is a plus
- Knowledge of application statistics and machine learning algorithms
- Prior experiences in one or more of the following innovative technologies: spatial transcriptomics analysis, single-cell transcriptomics analysis or multi-omics analysis
- Ability to develop, benchmark and apply predictive algorithms on diverse datasets
- Proficiency in mathematics, biostatistics, linear/non-linear regression models, mixed effect model, dimensionality reduction, clustering, AI/machine learning methods, is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.