The Operations Management Trainee ( OMT) Program pays between $45,000 and $55,000 paid weekly. The OMT program offers full healthcare benefits, 401k, vacation pay, nine paid holidays, and a career path to grow with Ryder!
This is an 18 – 24 month training program to prepare you for the next steps in your management career. OMTs work closely with Sales, Rental, Quality, and Asset Management to advance their knowledge in shop operations.
Bachelor’s degree is required in any field. Ideal candidate needs to be open to multiple shifts and days on.
The Operations Management Trainee will support the service shop management process and assist in cost savings, customer retention, and metric-based initiatives. This requires the Management Trainee to work cross-functionally across Operations, Asset Management, Sales, Quality, and Rental.
· Responsible for the customer relationship activities by providing quality customer interface, proactive customer management, issue resolution, and customer satisfaction
· Coordinate with the rental department to ensure maximum utilization without compromising lease customers
· Partner with Sales staff on customer calls for new business and increased customer satisfaction
· Manage running costs and maintenance overheads. Ensure policy and processes are followed to optimize running costs and maintenance overhead
· Accountable for coordinating with Maintenance, Asset Management, Sales and Marketing to ensure customer satisfaction
· Ensure accurate PM scheduling and follow up, breakdowns and vehicle status updates; oversee Technician work planning for efficiency, training, and flexibility
Skills and Abilities
· Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up practices
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Instills commitment to organizational goals
· Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills; able to prioritize work
· Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
· Strong mechanical skills
· Effective interpersonal skills.
· Excellent influencing skills
· Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, workgroups, customers, supervisors)
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
· Bachelor’s degree required (Business, Supply Chain – Logistics – Operations)
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in customer service with issues resolution preferred
· Prior leadership experience preferred. (Work, School Projects, Sports, etc.)
· Flexibility to work first and second shift.
· Relocation within the business unit at the conclusion of the training program is required.