Job Title: Financial Consultant MBA
Participants in the MBA Finance Leadership Development Program (LDP) join Ryder as Financial Consultants and are given significant responsibility to impact both business and financial decisions.
What can you expect from the MBA Finance LDP? You’ll be matched to an area within our Finance Team based on your experience, career interests, and management priorities. Our goal is to place you into a team where you’ll feel engaged and excited about your projects and interact with seasoned professionals who can help expand your management and leadership skills.
We are seeking MBA graduates with an interest in:
· Strategy and competitive intelligence
· Financial planning and analysis
· Operations finance
· Treasury/capital markets
· Other financial areas such as: pricing, acquisitions and asset management
· Master’s degree in finance or a related concentration
· Three (3) years or more of work experience in a finance related role
· Personal initiative and the ability to present and effectively interact with multiple levels of management and customers
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
· Ability to multi-task/support several projects concurrently
· Advanced level MS Excel skills
· Working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
Responsibilities will vary, depending on the assignment. Some representative activities are shown below:
· Support Ryder’s business development and operations in costing and pricing activities, which includes gathering cost data for development of costing analysis, analysis of alternative pricing and billing strategies, risk-return evaluation, contract review, analysis, and negotiation
· Provide financial support and advice to operations management on ways to maximize financial performance of accounts and establish appropriate controls
· Prepare various internal financial reports for executive management
· Perform monthly analysis of financial statements including, balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements to identify key trends, material variances, etc.
· Contribute to the one and three-year strategic planning processes, capital budgeting and other projects such as evaluation of capital investments including acquisitions, technology and leases
· Support the Treasury department with capital market analysis to manage a $6 billion debt portfolio, $2.5 billion investment portfolio and 20 large global bank relationships.
- Conduct analysis of current and potential new markets, competitors and disruptive trends/technologies and present findings to Executive Leadership
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.