START ON A CAREER PATH THAT HAS A FUTURE
At Ryder, our most important competitive advantage is our people. CULTURE- INTEGRITY- FAMILY. As an Operations Trainee, you’ll be part of a dynamic team, equipped to succeed and empowered to develop your transportation & logistics career.
The Operations Management Trainee will support the shop management process and assist in cost savings, customer retention, and metric-based initiatives. This requires the Manager Trainee to work cross functionally across Operations, Asset Management, Sales, Quality, and Rental Management. This program is fast-paced and touches every aspect of the business unit. In this role, you will acquire proven industry knowledge, skills and resources to develop your operations & fleet maintenance background. We allow you to carve out your own career path and promote from within, based on performance. The ideal path of progression in this role is an Ops Supervisor.
If you’re motivated, coachable, and looking for a fast paced, inclusive environment, you’ve come to the right place. Competitive pay & fast growth, full benefits package, 401k employer match, and a discount on shares!
YOUR JOB SEARCH ENDS HERE.
Check out these videos!
Ryder’s most recently been named a “Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation” by Women in Trucking, one of Fortune Magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies,” one of “America’s Most Responsible Companies” by Newsweek.
- Responsible for the customer relationship activities by providing quality customer interface, proactive customer management, issue resolution, and customer satisfaction
- Coordinate with the rental department to ensure maximum utilization without compromising lease customers
- Partner with Sales staff on customer calls for new business and increased customer satisfaction
- Manage running costs and maintenance overheads. Ensure policy and processes are followed to optimize running costs and maintenance overhead
- Accountable for coordinating with Maintenance, Asset Management, Sales and Marketing to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure accurate PM scheduling and follow up, breakdowns and vehicle status updates; oversee Technician work planning for efficiency, training, and flexibility
- Relocation within the business unit at the conclusion of the training program is required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Instills commitment to organizational goals
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skillsAble to prioritize work
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Strong mechanical skills
- Effective interpersonal skillsExcellent influencing skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Bachelor’s degree required Related field
- 1-2 years experienced in customer service with issues resolution preferred