About Team & About Role:
Work on the next-generation of technology that will change how businesses around the world manage and unlock value from their data.
Rubrik is the leader in the cloud data management space. We’re revolutionizing how businesses protect, search, secure, and analyze all of their data with simple and scalable solutions. As cloud continues to grow at an astounding rate, we’ll be solving some of its most interesting challenges while building a product unlike anything seen before. This is an exciting challenge with opportunities in search, analytics, scalable systems and much more! We’re just getting started so there is a lot of opportunity for personal growth and contribution.
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for great engineers that are just starting out their career and want to be challenged, work on meaningful projects with an amazing team, a lot of responsibility, and create massive impact.
Your success is our number one priority. We don’t throw you in the deep end to sink or swim, but rather, have designed our onboarding process to focus on mentorship and scale up or down based on your needs. After onboarding, choose the project that interests you the most.
What are some cool things our new grads have done?
- Erasure Coding – doubling the capacity of our clusters
- Built an end to end custom reporting engine
- Scaling our software to a 100-node cluster in AWS
Experience You’ll Need:
- Must have graduated by December 2021 with a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Strong in data structures, algorithms, software design and core computer science concepts – operating systems, networking, etc.
- Expert knowledge developing and debugging in C++, Java, Scala, or Go
- Strong interest in learning new technologies
- Available to start full-time in 2021 or January 2022
- Demonstrated software engineering experience from a previous internship, work experience, coding competitions, or publications
- Large distributed systems design and development experience is a bonus
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik’s goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Rubrik is a rapidly expanding global company headquartered in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging hybrid and multi-cloud world. We are a leader in cloud data management, enabling enterprises to maximize value from data that is increasingly fragmented across data centers and the cloud. Enterprises choose Rubrik to help develop ransomware remediation strategies, simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, and enable automation at scale. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.