oyal Caribbean Group is looking for a People Analytics Intern who enjoys using data to deliver insights through storytelling and make an impact on Employee Experience for more than 85K employees from 120+ countries.
As a People Analytics Intern you will be joining a team of People Analytics/HR/Royal Caribbean experts who help forge and inform the HR strategy for the Royal Caribbean Group. You will be part of building our People Analytics organization and our mission of finding, surfacing, and presenting actionable HR related insights to our business leaders across the company.
We are looking for an individual who can solve problems using a hypothesis driven approach and deliver compelling stories and consultatively work with our business leaders to drive solutions that impact business outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide reporting and analyses for various businesses and functions
- Leverage data to perform trend analysis, statistical analysis KPI monitoring, and data insights
- Build connections within data analysis to tell the story of the employee life cycle
- Derive insights by analyzing qualitative and quantitative employee survey data, and other workforce signals
- Provide support on several People Analytics projects with strong focus on HR data and research
- Provide general survey support such as informing survey questions, designing surveys, creating dashboards, etc.
- Enthusiasm in staying current with innovation and market trends in the People Analytics space
- Create or enhance existing dashboards that are key in driving performance of different functions within the HR Department
- Build automations on data collection to optimize efficiency and data quality (ETL)
- Monitor existing data workflows to ensure both high availability and timely response to stakeholder’s concern
- Ensures data integrity of the People Analytics database and provides timely, accurate support to HR and other clients
- Drive continuous process improvement and standards development
- Collaborates with People Analytics Advisors and HR business partners to guide and consults around the insights of HR analytics, score cards, and dashboards
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- In pursuit of or graduated with MS or Bachelors in mathematics, I/O Psychology, Organizational Design, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, or other applicable field of study.
- Knowledge of applying statistical methods such as GLM, longitudinal analysis, classification, dimension reduction, clustering
- Experience analyzing structured and unstructured data using tools such as R or Python
- Knowledge of designing and implementing A/B Testing, measuring and improving processes to enhance Employee experience
- Knowledge of Azure Synapse, SQL Database, Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, or Business visualization platforms (i.e., PowerBI, Tableau)
- Comfortable analyzing large data sets. Ability to quickly merge and summarize data/information from multiple sources, including experience in data management, cleaning, data analysis and report writing
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of reported information. Able to identify interesting patterns in data sets and drive insights from the data
- Ability to work, interact and communicate with both internal and external customers at all levels of the organization
Preferred Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Has strong knowledge and experience in developing visualizations in via Tableau and Power BI
- Have strong knowledge in databases (ex. SQL) and proficient in the key programming languages.
- Knowledge of advanced analytics technologies/tools (Alteryx, Hyperion, Business Objects) to consolidate and analyze data across multiple data environments
- Knowledge or experience with Qualtrics or other survey analytic platforms
- HR knowledge or experience
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCL and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.