Round13 is a Toronto-based venture capital firm focused on investing in growth-stage technology companies with the potential to become world leaders and generate outstanding returns for our investors. See: www.round13capital.com.
The partners of Round13 are searching for an exceptional Investment Analyst to join the investment team. This is a challenging position offering immense opportunities for exposure to all aspects of venture capital investing and building the next generation of world-leading technology companies.
At Round13, we are very big on culture. We believe in an inclusive, honest, hard-working, and merit-based work environment. The investment team comes from a diverse set of backgrounds, including: operations (two former CEOs and a COO), investment banking (corporate finance and M&A), management consulting, private equity, and sales and marketing.
The range of activities is wide and includes:
- Market research and due diligence on potential investments;
- Proactively searching for top investment opportunities;
- Ongoing work with our portfolio companies, including financial analysis and reporting, strategic planning, new product development, etc.;
- Investor reporting including: the collection of performance data, creation of reports, valuation analyses and written communications;
- Execution of independent projects offering value to Round13 or its investees.
- Must be a Canadian citizen
- Passionate about technology and its impact on the world. You have an insatiable interest in new applications, trends and breaking developments.
- Street smart, with the right balance of optimism and common sense. You are practical and focus on tangible results.
- Independent, with limited need for supervision and self-driven to get tasks done. We are a small team and can’t do much handholding.
- Effective written and oral communication skills. This means knowing how to write professionally and speak persuasively.
- Strong organizational skills. You will need to juggle many different projects and will be working with all four partners. We operate independently and need help staying organized also.
- Financial literacy and spreadsheet skills are necessary. More importantly, you should understand how to take raw data, create financial models and convert data into actionable insights.