Technical advisors support the work of Ropes & Gray’s intellectual property related practices, including our intellectual property litigation and intellectual property transactions practice.
Technical advisors can expect to:
- Help in developing arguments and preparing petitions and other materials for proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Assist in preparing materials for use in connections with proceedings before the European Patent Office
- Assist attorneys in technical matters relating to our practice, including litigation, counseling and licensing
- Assist in preparing opinions
- Assist in conducting patentability and freedom to operate analyses
- Assist attorneys in due diligence in connection with a wide range of transactions
We are seeking hard -working and driven individuals with 0-3 years’ experience. After two years of full-time employment as a Technical Advisor at the firm, individuals have the option to enter law school while continuing to work at the firm. Starting base salary is $130,000. In addition, all technical advisors who decide to enroll in law school can expect to receive full law school tuition as well as reimbursement for expenses related to the Patent Bar exam. Technical Advisors also receive medical benefits and a generous amount of annual vacation time. At the completion of law school, an individual who is in good standing at the firm and has done well in law school will be considered for employment as a full-time Associate Attorney.
We are currently hiring Engineering and Life Sciences Technical Advisors.
- Preferred engineering degrees include: Electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, mechanical engineering, and biomedical engineering. Students/graduates at the B.S. – Ph.D. levels are eligible; advanced degrees preferred. Positions for Engineering Technical Advisors is available in either our Boston, New York, Silicon Valley or Washington DC offices.
- Preferred life sciences degrees include: Biology and chemistry Ph.D.s with a background in synthetic organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, immunology, pharmacology, neurobiology, molecular biology, cellular biology and/or biochemistry. Positions for Life Science Technical Advisors is available in either our Boston or New York offices.
Candidates for this position must be graduating in the winter 2021 term or spring/summer 2022 term possessing one of the advanced degrees noted in the above preferred list.
Candidates expecting to graduate by December 2021 can expect to start full time in or before February, 2022. Candidates graduating in the spring/summer of 2022, can expect to join the firm as a full-time Technical Advisor in the fall of 2022.
For more information about what you can expect by joining the Firm as a Technical Advisor, please visit our website at https://www.ropesgrayrecruiting.com/en/US/Experienced-Lawyers-Technical-Advisors.
To apply, you may use the following application: https://lawcruit.micronapps.com/sup/lc_supp_app_frm.aspx?lawfirm=89&id=2