The Information Governance (IG) Support Specialist provides day-to-day business facing support of the firm’s document management system (iManage FileSite) and Milan, the firm’s on-demand workspace folder and workspace administration application. Working under the supervision of the Information Governance Systems Supervisor, this person monitors document management/workspace related IQ track tickets, and responds to inquiries and requests sent to the team mailbox, escalating to the Information Governance Systems Supervisor as needed. The IG Support Specialist also works on key iManage related projects and supports ongoing maintenance of various iManage properties and workspace templates. The successful candidate in this role will combine technical skills with strong analytical, customer service and communication skills. The IG Support Specialist will promote the appropriate use of iManage as the official repository of client-matter and business information in accordance with firm policies and guidelines.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the document management system, various types of workspaces, workspaces folder structures, functionality, and security, the Milan folder tool, e-mail filing, searching capabilities, and other functions and features within the document management system.
- Promote the appropriate use of iManage by responding to user requests with recommendations and solutions in line with best practices, business rules, and team standards. Raise awareness of issues and non-compliance to the Information Governance Systems Supervisor as needed.
- Ensure the filing guidelines are maintained in a standardized format, making sure they are accessible to the practice groups and ensuring they stay up to date by coordinating updates from the KM Attorneys.
- Monitor and manage IQ track tickets and requests to the Workspaces (team) mailbox, escalating to the Information Governance Systems Supervisor or to other departments as appropriate.
- Create and secure new workspaces, including but not limited to; client workspaces, matter workspaces, project workspaces and admin team workspaces. Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of FileSite and workspace / document / folder permissions, security methods, and security best practices and standards.
- Independently evaluate and analyze requests independently with sound and logical judgement and engage support from the Information Governance Systems Supervisor only as needed.
- Utilize a “know your customer” approach when recommending solutions to internal customers by demonstrating a subject matter expert level knowledge of tools and resources available to you and recommending the best approach for the customer given a deep understanding of their role and persona at the firm.
- Perform workspace folder moves driven by requests from end users and as appropriate, more complex “flatspace” and Outlook content migrations. Analyze and evaluate these requests to ensure content and folders are moved in accordance with best practices and metadata and security are updated appropriately as required.
- Provide technical analysis and support to firm or department initiatives related to the document management system such as matter centric initiatives, content migration, system upgrades and enhancements.
- Assist with gathering and processing bulk document re-profiling requests from the legal knowledge management team and other business stakeholders.
- Generate and format reports via Milan for compliance needs at set intervals and upon request to service information requests from other department.
- Log errors in Milan, the on-demand folder tool, reporting issues to the Information Governance Systems Supervisor and Enterprise Systems and submit ideas to the vendor for possible enhancement requests and fixes.
- Organize and maintain of the firm’s master iManage metadata lists, particularly doc and sub doc type, providing assistance when adding, removing, consolidating or editing values.
- Analyze, process and resolve workspace related end-user issues with support from Enterprise Systems, IT Training and user support.
- Assist with the maintenance of workspace and Milan templates.
- Provide analysis, support and training to attorneys, paralegals and secretaries on email management best practices and procedures. Work individually with end users to organize email folders and link to a workspace, as appropriate.
- Lead the process for mailbox and network drive organization, cleanup, and filing for retiring Partners. Represent the team during retiring partner administrative kick off meetings and provide a high-level overview of the process to the Partner. Communicate the process in detail to retiring Partners and LEAs, providing guidance, instruction, and coaching throughout this process. Submit and manage related IQ-track tickets. Follow up on communication, target dates, and deadlines as required. Escalate questions and/or compliance issues to Information Governance Systems Supervisor as needed.
- Provide iManage/workspaces training for small teams, impromptu training or 1-1 coaching with lawyers and staff. Collaborate with the training requestor to determine topics for the training session and develop a training presentation, outline, and supporting materials where appropriate.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in a relevant field strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of law firm experience required, preferably in the area of records or document management, knowledge management, paralegal services, or legal technology.
- 3-5 years experience supporting a document management system (DMS) or ability to demonstrate expert use of a DMS required. Experience with iManage strongly preferred.
- Excellent Excel, Word and Outlook skills required. Strong PowerPoint skills preferred.
- Experience providing one-on-one coaching and training to end users preferred.
- Experience in technical training desirable.
- Strong business analysis, judgement, trouble-shooting, problem solving, quality assurance and project management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail,
- Focus on delivering high quality work, in compliance with best practices and team standards.
- Excellent customer service orientation, positive, proactive manner.
- Ability to work with a variety of people at all levels within the organization.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills and be able to explain concepts and provide direction to all levels of staff and attorneys.
- Solid presentation skills important.
- Ability to organize, plan and carry out multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize work based on the needs of the department, user needs, and ticket due dates.
- Must be both a self-starter, able to work efficiently and productively with limited oversight, and be a team player.
- Normal office environment and schedule, but must be available after normal business hours as needed.
- Travel, as required.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.