As a valued member of the Information Governance (IG) team, you will join a highly skilled and motivated team of Information Governance professionals. We are looking for someone to assist in the operation of a centralized system of maintenance for the firm’s client files: organize, collect, and file all incoming related work; retrieve and distribute files upon request; update the Records Management database (IRM); scan documents as required; assist with special departmental assignments as needed.
DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN IG ASSISTANT:
- Enter information into Records Management database (IRM)
- Properly file and account for all records following specific department/firm procedures; edit existing records as required
- Prepare new files
- Transfer inactive files to the warehouse
- Prepare boxes for offsite storage; retrieve boxes as required
- Research information on file history, activity, etc.
- Work on our team as a customer service representative
- Solve problems and ensure compliance with department procedures
- Track, organize, and retrieve files from central Records Department or warehouse
- Assist Information Governance Analyst with the attorney departure process
- Ensure proper filing of attorney email in firm document management system
- Participate in team meetings and professional development
- Assist Information Governance Mobility Specialist with review and release of designated client records (physical and electronic) for transfer out of the firm
- Assist Information Governance Disposition Specialist with review and possible disposition of client and firm information per established policies and procedures
- Contribute to the overall success of the local and firm-wide IG team
- Train new and existing employees under guidance of Sr. IG Assistant and/or IG Analyst
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
SKILLS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THE TEAM:
- Organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints
- Receive and follow instructions effectively from internal and external clients
- Follow up and follow through
- Accomplish a task thoroughly with concern for all aspects, no matter how small
- Interact effectively with all levels of personnel including attorneys, management staff, and support team using all forms of communication
- Creative and proactive problem-solving within department policies and procedures
- Successfully contribute in a team environment
- Show poise, flexibility, and maintain a professional manner in all situations
- Communicate effectively with people and handle issues through to resolution
- Reliable and punctual
- Work in a multi-office environment
- Succeed in a culturally and educationally diverse environment
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Expanded skill set, both technical and “soft” skills
- Work side by side with a talented team
- Opportunity to explore career options within a law firm
- Learn from a highly skilled and motivated team of Information Governance professionals
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- One year of office experience preferred including data entry, records filing and related duties; law firm experience a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft office
- iManage Records Manager (IRM) experience a plus
- Experience with iManage/FileSite or similar document management system preferred
- Experience working with electronic records system preferred
- Familiarity with records/document retention procedures preferred
- Familiarity with incoming and outgoing records transfer procedures preferred
IG Assistant reports to the Manager of Information Governance or the Information Governance Supervisor and interacts daily with: IG team, attorneys, paralegals, and administrative support team.
Normal office environment and schedule; capability to lift boxes weighing at least twenty five pounds repeatedly is required.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.