- Self-directed approach
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Critical thinking skills
- Innate curiosity
- Excellent relationship management skills
The Strategic Sales Intern works directly with the Strategic Partnership team to extend the Rocket Mortgage brand to our partners. This is a challenging and rewarding role, as the division is developing new programs and growing quickly. Interns at the Rock Family of Companies gain priceless hands-on experience. Here, they learn how it feels to be in the workplace, participate in events and become a valuable member of our team.
- Navigate and research prospecting opportunities using various applications and tools
- Communicate with our business partners
- Develop and maintain relationships with our business partners
- Work directly with our strategic sales directors to help them with their daily tasks
- Help with new product development through research and developing marketing collateral
- Support with email and marketing outreach
- Share creative ideas that will help improve our business
- Deliver reports, analyze metrics and summarize information to help drive our team forward
- Assist in creating materials and/or presentations for meetings
Who We Are
Rocket Companies® is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. And we’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #5 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workindustry-standardal Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.