- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and a strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Self-motivated mentality
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to interact with team members across the organization
- Analytical and creative thinker
The Legal Intern serves an important role on our Legal team, helping team members with legal research, assisting with banking licensing and other tasks requested by our attorneys. They make full use of their existing communication and legal skills while learning new tips and tricks along the way.
- Learn the state and federal exam process
- Maintain examination folders and files
- Respond to subpoena requests
- Research client and agency complaints
- Respond to complaints as needed
- Complete data entry
- Act as a liaison between teams to gather and communicate essential information for process improvement
Who We Are
Detroit-based Rocket Companies® is a family of businesses providing simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in several different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #5 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.