- Experience with blogging, social media, content strategy, public relations, and other communications
- Experience developing, implementing, and managing social media campaigns on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Analytical and creative thinker with strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Experience in social media copywriting and/or visual design skills
- Experience with SEO basics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Our Internal Communications interns work closely with team members to help create proposed electronic and print communications for internal and external clients. As a valued member of the team, you will use your full range of written and verbal communication skills while learning new tips and tricks along the way.
- Assist with researching topics and stories within the organization and creating engaging content for different internal communication platforms
- Create and publish engaging, creative visual social content for designated social media platforms
- Track and manage the success of communications
- Identify and develop story opportunities
- Write, edit, and proofread business communications and creative marketing pieces
- Research content strategy and design concepts for current and future brand campaigns
- Coordinate projects and manage timelines in an innovative environment
- Participate in project planning sessions, brainstorms, and workgroups
- Work collaboratively with graphic designers, project managers and marketing/communication strategists
- Assist in creating materials and/or presentations for meetings
Who We Are
Rocket Companies® is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. And we’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #5 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.