- Self-directed approach
- Currently pursuing Human Resources related degree
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Self-motivated mentality
- Ability to interact effectively with external clients over the phone
- Ability to interact effectively with team members at all levels of the organization
Interns at the Rock Family of Companies gain priceless hands-on experience. Here, they learn how it feels to be in the workplace, participate in events and become a valuable member of our team. The Human Resources Intern partners with an area of HR to support the team and become an expert in that field.
- Learn about our business by attending meetings, huddles and trainings
- Send out communications to team members
- Share creative ideas that will help improve our business
- Deliver reports, analyze metrics and summarize information to help drive our team forward
- Assist in creating materials and/or presentations for meetings
- Send out communications to internal team members
- Maintain records for team members/candidates
- Help handle a high volume of inquiries promptly
- Take notes during meetings and provide recaps
Who We Are
Detroit-based Rocket Companies® is a family of businesses providing simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in several different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #5 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.