- College junior or higher pursuing a degree in journalism, English, creative writing, economics or another related field
- Strong writing ability
- Familiarity with both blog and journalistic styles of writing
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to tell a compelling story
- Respect for deadlines
- Ability to accept feedback from multiple areas of the business
- Ability to work well with others and individually
- Solid understanding of social media and awareness of trends
- Familiarity with WordPress and other publishing platforms
Interns at the Rock Family of Companies gain priceless, hands-on experience. Here, they learn how it feels to be in the workplace, participate in events around the city of Detroit and become a valuable member of our team.
- Write multiple articles during each 2-week iteration
- Research assigned topics, obtain quotes and make sense of complex facts
- Research and communicate effective ways to promote Publishing House content both externally and internally as a valued resource
- Work with Section Editors and members of the Editing and SEO teams to brainstorm, write, edit, optimize, deliver and promote various content, which may include other media, such as infographics, videos, podcasts and more
Who We Are
Rocket Companies® is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. And we’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #5 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.