Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Data Science Intern (Summer 2022)
In 2021 & 2020 we were honored to be one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the US. In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, and team-oriented people you’ll ever meet.
- Accelerate product development through your understanding of the underlying data and your ability to partner with product and technical leaders to provide insights that drive growth.
- Work with product managers to define success metrics for different parts of the product.
- Retrieve/transform/analyze data using tools such as SQL, Hive, Spark, Python or more.
- Set up and perform statistical A/B testing partnering closely with data scientists and product managers to identify impact of product changes on the community and cohorts.
- Apply modeling techniques to gain deeper understanding of the product and community behavior.
- Working towards a degree in CS, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or similar
- Passionate about use knowledge in data science, machine learning to deliver insights
- Highly proficient in SQL, Python/R, Linux
- Able to thrive in a fast-pace work environment: provide insights from data that constantly helps to improve our product
- Interested in interested in large user-generated content platforms
- Willing to work full-time and onsite
Location: San Mateo, CA
Duration: 12 Weeks
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar