About the team:
Insights from data power most decisions at Robinhood. A Data Scientist at Robinhood works with other data scientists and engineers to collect, organize, and analyze data from all parts of Robinhood’s business to power these decisions.
Every decision made at Robinhood is backed by data. Our company trajectory is defined by the systems, tools, and analytics powered by our exceptional team. We integrate multifaceted data streams such as rapidly changing market data, user data based on app activity, and brokerage operations data to perfect our processes and workflows.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Combine knowledge of several research domains to help power decisions at Robinhood.
- Design new machine learning systems to power the analytics efforts at Robinhood.
- Improve the statistical methodology backing our experimentation platform.
- Build statistical models to predict user behavior and risks to the business.
- Adapt machine learning algorithms to solve problems across several teams, such as product, operations, customer support, compliance, and security.
- Pursuing a graduate degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering or natural sciences (or equivalent research experience) with an expected graduation date in 2022
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis and machine learning algorithms
- Excellent programming skills, including familiarity with either Python or R programming languages
- 1 year of experience of working in a research setting in an academic or commercial setting
Technologies we use: