Robigo is engineering the plant microbiome to reduce disease in crops. Each year, over 6 billion pounds of pesticides are used globally to protect crop production. At Robigo, we’re building sustainable alternatives to traditional chemical pesticides that will be more effective at controlling crop diseases, safer for human field workers, and compatible with next gen agricultural practices that will be required to meet the needs of the growing global population. Founded by MIT synthetic biologists, we are a VC-backed, pre-seed stage biotech start up looking to grow our scientific team.
We’re looking for a high energy, inquisitive, and driven synthetic biologist to supercharge our efforts to develop solutions for new target pathogens. As part of our strain engineering team, you will play a key role in our strain development and research efforts. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated expertise in genetically engineering bacteria, creative problem solving and efficient decision making, the ability to communicate effectively, and be a great team player. This position is best suited for a self-motivated individual looking to work in a young, mission-driven company.
What You’ll Do
This position will require exceptional time management, strong organizational skills, and great communication to achieve ambitious goals for this young company.
- Significantly contribute to our efforts to develop disease-killing microbes!
- Work closely with a small team to design and build genetic systems in model and non-model host bacteria
- Design and execute experiments to test the functionality of engineered strains in vitro
- Collaborate with plant biologists to test the functionality of engineered strains in plants
- Contribute meaningfully to the success of the company with opportunities to grow and become a leader in the company
Who You Are
- An expert in synthetic biology with a BS, MS, PhD, or 3+ years of industry experience who loves working at the bench.
- Are motivated to take part in the building of an organization and creating an awesome place to work.
- Are motivated to learn.
- Are capable of handling the uncertainty that accompanies a new business venture.
- You believe strongly in our mission and are excited to have a positive impact on the global food supply chain and reducing agriculture’s impact on the environment.
- You want to want to go to work every day. You should like having fun.
- Experience working with and developing genetic tools/parts in non-model organisms
- Ability to design and build genetic systems and are up to date on most current techniques (for example, type IIs assembly, CRISPR, qPCR, directed evolution)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from different disciplines
- Nice to haves: Experience with Python and/or biocomputational skills (e.g. genome assembly from sequencing reads), flow cytometry, qPCR, and/or confocal microscopy.
How to Apply
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.