Who we are
Roadgnar is a Boston-based smart city startup on a mission to help governments and civil engineering firms manage their roads, sidewalks, signs, trees, and related infrastructure assets more effectively and efficiently. We are working on innovative solutions at the intersection of robotics, simulation, and machine learning.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a talented individual to join our tight-knit engineering team who is capable of addressing technically challenging problems, moving across different roles, and operating independently to work on several key aspects of our next-gen distributed sensor networks.
What you’ll do
- Have a direct impact on the digital transformation of an entire industry
- Work across electrical, software, robotics and sensor development efforts to design, code, integrate and test our hardware + software solutions.
- Perform hands-on hardware and software development, in-lab prototype production, and real world customer sensor deployment.
- PCB design, fabrication, hardware selection and procurement
- Field testing and system performance evaluation
- Proficiency in C/C++ and Python 3
- Experience with ROS
- Excellent debugging skills
- Experience with various robotics localization techniques (Kalman Filters, AMCL, SLAM, etc.)
- Experience evaluating and integrating a variety of sensors (GPS, IMUs, LiDAR, etc.)
- Independence and creative problem solving
- Bachelor’s in robotics engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, or similar degree/equivalent professional experience
- Experience working with JSON/NoSQL databases
- Experience with OpenCV
- PCB Prototyping and design
- Experience with Graphics/Visualization tools and engines