The individual in this role is responsible for designing interposer, substrate or capacitor technology designs and tapeout.
As a Packaging designer, you will own or participate in the following:
- Work with cross-functional teams to select the optimized package solution
- Work with IC design, system design, package SI/PI & thermal engineering teams to design custom interposer and substrates.
- Work with SoC design teams to optimize die floorplan, bump patterns and interposer / substrate stackup.
- Own package design deliverables at critical design checkpoints and tape out of package to vendors.
- Experience on interposer and substrate layouts and design in advanced package technologies.
- Experience with 2.5D, 3D package design.
- Experience with design teams on floor plan, bump and layout optimization.
- Strong authority on Cadence Allegro Package Designer (APD)
- Excellent skills in problem solving, written and verbal communication, excellent organization skills, and highly self-motivated.
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under aggressive schedules.
Education and Experience
Master’s Degree with 10+ years of experience in technical subject area.