Positions are open for full-time and internship in the areas of CPU and SOC microarchitecture and logic design.
As a Silicon Microarchitecture & Logic Design Engineer, you will own or participate in the following:
- Microarchitecture development and specification – from early high-level architectural exploration through micro architectural research and arriving at a detailed specification
- Development, assessment, and refinement of RTL design to target power, performance, area, and timing goals
- Validation – support test bench development and simulation for functional and performance verification
- Performance exploration and correlation – explore high performance strategies and validate that the RTL design meets targeted performance
- Design delivery – work with multi-functional engineering team to implement and validate physical design on the aspects of timing, area, reliability, testability and power
We are looking for all levels of talent, from entrance to advanced level of experience.
- Thorough knowledge of microprocessor or system architecture in one or more of the following areas:
- CPU: Instruction fetch and decode, branch prediction, instruction scheduling and register renaming, out-of-order execution, integer and floating point execution, load/store execution, cache and memory subsystems
- SOC: Fabric and network-on-chip solutions, high performance system-memory solutions, controllers for high speed I/O like PCI Express, low speed I/O like i2c, Power-management and power delivery
- Knowledge of SystemVerilog
- Experience with simulators and waveform debugging tools
- Knowledge of logic design principles along with timing and power implications
- Understanding of low power microarchitecture techniques
- Understanding of high performance techniques and trade-offs in a CPU microarchitecture
- Experience in C or C++ programming
- Experience using an interpretive language such as Perl or Python
Education and Experience
PhD, Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in technical subject area.