An Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the financial processing of transactions for an organization. Their duties include daily bookkeeping and record keeping, financial reporting and the preparation of tax records for financial audits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Managing accounts payable using accounting software and other programs
- Handling accounts payable for separate entities and vendors
- Analyzing workflow processes
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors
- Ensuring bills are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures
- Processing due invoices for payments
- Comparing purchase orders, prices, terms of payment and other charges
- Processing transactions and performing accounting duties such as account maintenance, recording entries and reconciling books of accounts
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field required
- Strong organization, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong computer aptitude, which includes expertise with Microsoft Excel and Word as well as experience with accounting software and general ledgers
- High attention to details, ability to take directions, self-check and follow up on work
- Basic data base experience, 10key by touch, calculator
- Able to enter accurate financial /numerical data
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.