Rios Partners is a management consulting firm with a broad range of experience in organizational design, supply chain transformation, and Human-Centered Design (HCD). We provide consulting services to clients in the Washington, D.C. metro area. We work with commercial, government, and non-profit clients we care deeply about on projects where we know we can have a meaningful impact. In order to deliver value, we systematically analyze problems to identify root causes, partner with our clients to develop actionable solutions, and help guide strategy and implementation. We value diversity and teamwork because we believe the best conclusions are a result of careful analysis of the facts by a team of individuals with unique backgrounds, experiences, and education working towards a clear objective. We also believe that good ideas always trump seniority: junior team members are expected to bring their opinions to the table and challenge those of others.
Rios Partners offers above-market compensation and generous benefits to include health insurance, dental insurance, and a liberal vacation policy. We believe that success is driven by satisfied, motivated team members who are always improving, and we will take the time to provide appropriate training and mentorship.
The values of Rios Partners are our first priority, and we expect all employees to both uphold them personally and keep all other team members accountable:
1. Act with the highest integrity at all times.
2. Strive each day to achieve excellence.
3. Serve people to help them reach their greatest potential.
4. Be transparent in everything we do.
5. Be kind and respectful to others regardless of race, religion, creed, sex, etc.
Rios Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
Rios Partners is an E-Verify Employer.
In accordance with Rios Partners’ duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from COVID-19 which may be reduced by vaccinations. This policy is fully informed by, complies with, and reflects applicable laws and guidance issued by the National Institutes of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of Labor, the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Commission, the Virginia Department of Health, and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Rios Partners requires all employees to certify they have been vaccinated or have been approved for a reasonable accommodation exemption.
Title: Summer Analyst
Location: Washington, D.C. metro area
The Summer Analyst internship program will run from late May to mid/late July. Summer Analysts will work closely with Rios staff on project teams to develop solutions for clients in organizational design, strategy, supply chain & network operations, and process efficiency and effectiveness. As a Summer Analyst, you will be fully integrated into a project team and will be required to own and drive your own deliverables. Work is performed in a team environment with Rios Partners employees, clients, and other partner organizations. Our primary place of performance is at the client site (Washington D.C. metro area), and employees are free to work at home when physical presence is not required. At the end of the internship, Summer Analysts who have met performance expectations will receive an offer to return full-time as an Analyst.
Summer Analysts must be able to:
- Build relationships with Rios Partners employees and clients. This job requires extensive team interaction with both co-workers and clients. Being polite, inclusive, and respectful is crucial.
- Frame problems in a manner that identifies the root cause. We are looking for individuals who can dig beyond initial symptoms and pinpoint core challenges before developing solutions.
- Analyze data quickly and efficiently. Rios Partners is a data-driven organization; we support our hypotheses with accurate analysis. The ability to quickly identify required data, gather it, and analyze it in an efficient manner is critical to success.
- Communicate in a professional and persuasive manner. We expect all members of the team to be able to understand their work and present it to outside parties in a clear and coherent manner.
- Deliver results. In short, we get stuff done and we’re looking for team members that do not give up when they encounter challenges and know how to effectively transition from analysis to implementation. Rios is looking for tenacity.
Required education and experience
- In your penultimate year of your undergraduate degree
- Strong data analysis and quantitative skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- U.S. work authorization required
- Security Requirements: Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance
Benefits offered to summer interns:
- Retirement plan: Rios Partners will offer a 401(k) and will contribute an amount equivalent to 3% of the employee’s base salary each month to the designated fund. Employees may choose to contribute additional money into the 401(k) from their paycheck each month.