Data Acquisition / Data Engineer
Who We Are
Resultid is an AI-Powered Business Intelligence platform that extracts the value in data to inform investment decisions, faster. We do predictive analytics on technology and R&D data using cutting edge machine learning and natural language process techniques to connect the scientific data to business insights.
As a Techstars portfolio company and Boston 2020 graduate, we are a dedicated group of skilled contributors with the confidence to adapt as a team of continuous learners. Our team loves working together, tackling and solving new challenges, and helping each other learn. We encourage ownership and autonomy in your work to drive rapid development and growth.
We are a remote first company and are adding a Data Acquisition / Data Engineer to our North American distributed team.
Who You Are
You have an interest in data engineering and gathering and organizing data. You are responsible, self-driven, and a good communicator. You will have the ability to lead the data acquisition projects for Resultid so being organized will be an important skill as well. You have an interest in solving technical problems and working with others to develop the best solution for the task.
- Find the best data sources available based on input from business team / customers
- Ex. If we need European patent data, find the sources we can obtain the data from, and assess how we need to get it (paid api, data scraping etc.)
- Work with the data scraping team to develop the schema for inputting the data into the database
- Work with the data scraping team to resolve issues or requirements that may come up when working on the data sources (apply for api access, figuring out best time to run scrapers on that data source)
- Document data schema, data intake schedule etc.
- Manage progress of data on kanban board
- Managing hand off of data once in ETL pipeline, to developers to implement the data into our current platform / applications
- Experience or degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Science
- Ability to research and understand data sources and formats (apis, csv, json, bulk data files etc.)
- Familiarity with SQL, Elasticsearch, and able to learn some graph database knowledge
- Ability to communicate with developers and write documentation