Resource Innovations is seeking an Energy Efficiency Engineer to support our Louisville, Colorado office. As an Energy Efficiency Engineer with Resource Innovations you will support our work within energy efficiency programs and will be responsible for technical engineering support for our Utility Services business unit. Specific responsibilities will include: performing energy engineering services for utility and end-use clients, performing audits for a wide range of commercial building customers, supporting retrocommissioning (RCx) projects from study through implementation, reviewing construction documents and plans to determine energy efficiency program eligibility, analyzing data to identify and quantify energy savings opportunities, and assisting commercial building customers understand their energy use and savings potential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build spreadsheets and perform energy efficiency savings calculations with limited guidance
- Audit and understand spreadsheets created by others, identify shortcomings, suggest corrections
- Conduct energy audits for moderately complex buildings
- Support Resource Innovations’ utility programs under the direction of the engineering managers
- Independently produce high quality deliverables (reports and spreadsheets) with limited QC review
- Participate in Technical Working Groups, as needed
- Other duties as directed.
- Previous experience within the energy efficiency or building efficiency industry
- Understanding of building systems (particularly lighting and HVAC) and/or sustainability practices
- Familiarity with relevant building codes and standards (e.g. IECC, ASHRAE 90.1, etc)
- Demonstrated proficiency in understanding building simulation software inputs and outputs (e.g. eQUEST, EnergyPro, Trane Trace)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to quickly learn complex technical subjects
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Proven time management ability. Able to meet deadlines and anticipate difficulty in meeting deadlines
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and control systems is a plus
- P.E., C.E.M., C.E.A. or LEED AP® certification (or on track to receive) is desirable
- Experience in energy modeling is a plus
Resource Innovations offers competitive salaries based on candidate’s qualifications. Resource Innovations also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
About Resource Innovations
Resource Innovations, with recently acquired Nexant, is a substantially woman-owned and woman-led energy consulting firm dedicated to creating equal access to clean resources through diverse partnerships. The company’s deep roots and broad expertise in resource efficiency, policy development, coalition & partnership building, and market-based technology support enable the delivery of highly success energy programs. Nexant brings over 20 years of expertise in demand-side management, grid management and renewables as well as a comprehensive suite of software designed to support these initiatives.
Resource Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Resource Innovations complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company does work.