How to apply:
Note: please do not apply directly via this website – applications not followed as outlined will not be considered.
Email Dana@RescuingLeftoverCuisine.org with:
- One-page cover letter
- Link to 3 or more examples of your work (or a link to your website/webpage)
- 2-3 references, including email and phone contact information
Who we are:
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine is a 501(c)3 nonprofit food recovery organization that aims to prevent consumable excess food from going to waste by diverting it to feed people instead of landfills! We match available food from businesses to the food needs of nearby human service agencies (HSAs) that provide necessary food assistance for people with zero or low income of all ages, races, cultures and religions. Our volunteer “Rescuers” use our food rescue app to transport the food, at no cost to the recipient organization.
RLC Massachusetts (RLCMA) has rescued over half a million meals in the Bay State since 2016. We primarily operate in the areas of Greater Boston, Cambridge, Somerville and MetroWest, and have occasional Rescue Events throughout other areas of the state.
About this Internship Opportunity:
RLCMA is seeking a passionate intern who is committed to social, environmental and local action. This is an opportunity to develop and strengthen valuable skills and build your portfolio while making a real and sustainable impact in Massachusetts. This is a part-time, unpaid internship with a minimum 3 month or 100 hour commitment. Flexible hours (5-20 hours weekly). We welcome the opportunity to work with your school or school’s foundation to provide school credit or a stipend.
- Create, film (documentary approach/style) and edit training & promo videos, including various Projects, such as: RESCUER GRATITUDE series, RLC IN ACTION series, SOS! Project series and others
- Still Photography (documentary approach/style)
- Propose new video content, ideas, etc.
- Provide release forms for all participants
- Collaborate with MA Branch Manager (Dana), Operations Manager (Claire) and Graphics Intern (Jaymee) throughout various stages of projects
- Create and edit content from existing footage/images
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong sense of composition, creativity and craftsmanship
- Strong video-editing skills
- Proactive work ethic
- Sensitive and unobtrusive approach
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, and work independently without supervision
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills