Renewable Energy Internship Opportunity (Part-Time, Remote)
Location: Remote (with optional office location: 1425 K St NW, Suite 1110, Washington, DC 20005)
Who We Are
The Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA) is a community of energy buyers accelerating the zero-carbon energy future—greening the grid for all. We are an alliance of large clean energy buyers, energy providers, service providers, and NGOs, who are unlocking the marketplace for all non-residential energy buyers to lead a rapid transition to a cleaner, prosperous, zero-carbon energy future. Learn more: https://rebuyers.org/.
We value Respect in our treatment of people and the planet; Integrity in how we conduct ourselves; Service to REBA’s mission, members, and colleagues; and Excellence in our programs and work. Diversity is critical to realizing a zero-carbon energy system. We invite collaboration among people with different perspectives, identities, and ideas because innovative solutions to these complex challenges come from great minds who do not think alike.
Why intern with us?
REBA Interns gain professional skills and experience while working alongside our world-class team of supportive and collaborative individuals. You will build understanding of complex system change, the renewable energy industry, as well as how a trade association operates day-to-day. You’ll become part of a respectful community of staff and interns dedicated to building the zero-carbon future while offering your unique skills to achieving our goals.
· Compensation: $25/hour.
· Benefits: Most intern positions are not eligible for benefits except for paid sick leave related to covid-19. All are eligible for 1 paid Friday off per month.
· Educational credit: Eligibility for credit is determined by your educational institution
· Schedule: 20 hours/week. Weekly schedule is flexible and will be determined with your supervisor.
· Location: This position may be performed remotely from any U.S. location with reliable internet access or at the REBA office at 1425 K St NW, Washington, DC.
· Term: 3 months, with possibility to extend based on performance and availability.
· Start Date: Projected for 1/31/22 with some flexibility based on your availability.
· Intern Support: Interns work directly in one or more of REBA’s programs and quickly become an essential part of the team. Your Supervisor will support daily and weekly projects and tasks throughout your internship. You will also connect with a Mentor who helps ensure that you have a positive experience and are working toward individual learning objectives which you determine together.
About the People & Operations Internship
As the People & Operations Intern, you will be integrated into the weekly work of the team responsible for ensuring that REBA is a high-functioning organization where processes zoom and work is fun. You will help grow a world-class team by supporting projects and tasks such as all staff meetings & retreats, learning & development, member data management, and more. You’ll work together with your supervisor and mentor to build a workplan that meets the organizations needs AND builds your learning and skills in areas you wish to grow.
· Coordination, communication, and support in administration of an all-staff retreat
· Collaborate on implementing internal learning and development opportunities
· Lead behind-the-scenes administration of the weekly all staff meeting
· Support data organization work across REBA member and program management systems
· Coordinating new hire orientations
· Track progress, priorities, and deadlines of various projects
· And other duties within People & Operations team’s purview based on your interest and the team’s needs.
- Actively enrolled in undergraduate or graduate course of study
- Passion for achieving REBA’s vision of a resilient zero-carbon energy system
- Commitment to REBA’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence (RISE)
- Interest in operations teamwork (people, culture, learning & development, staffing, etc.)
- Able to work effectively with others in a collaborative, supportive environment
- Strong written and verbal communicator or strong commitment to improving these skills
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
Submit your cover letter and resume on via BambooHR portal here. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until 8:00 AM ET on 11/1/21.
We will provide a laptop and all necessary subscriptions. Access to reliable, high-speed internet is required. Interns are welcome to join the REBA team in the office at 1425 K St NW, Suite 1110, Washington, DC 20005.
REBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer where applicants are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.