Renewable Energy Internship Opportunity (Part-Time, Remote)
Location: Remote OR 1425 K St NW, Suite 1110, Washington, DC 20005
Who We Are
The Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA) is a community of energy buyers accelerating the zero-carbon energy future—greening the grid for all. We are an alliance of large clean energy buyers, energy providers, service providers, and NGOs, who are unlocking the marketplace for all non-residential energy buyers to lead a rapid transition to a cleaner, prosperous, zero-carbon energy future. Learn more: https://rebuyers.org/.
We value Respect in our treatment of people and the planet; Integrity in how we conduct ourselves; Service to REBA’s mission, members, and colleagues; and Excellence in our programs and work. Diversity is critical to realizing a zero-carbon energy system. We invite collaboration among people with different perspectives, identities, and ideas because innovative solutions to these complex challenges come from great minds who do not think alike.
Why intern with us?
REBA Interns gain professional skills and experience while working alongside our world-class team of supportive and collaborative individuals. You will build understanding of complex system change, the renewable energy industry, as well as how a trade association operates day-to-day. You’ll become part of a respectful community of staff and interns dedicated to building the zero-carbon future while offering your unique skills to achieving our goals.
· Compensation: $25/hour.
· Benefits: Most intern positions are not eligible for benefits except for paid sick leave related to covid-19. All are eligible for 1 paid Friday off per month.
· Educational credit: Eligibility for credit is determined by your educational institution.
· Schedule: 20 hours/week. Weekly schedule is flexible and will be determined with your supervisor.
· Location: This position may be performed remotely from any U.S. location with reliable internet access as approved by your supervisor or, at the REBA office at 1425 K St NW, Washington, DC
· Term: 3 months, with possibility to extend based on performance and availability.
· Start Date: Projected for 1/31/22 with some flexibility based on your availability.
· Intern Support: Interns work directly in one or more of REBA’s programs and quickly become an essential part of the team. Your Supervisor will support daily and weekly projects and tasks throughout your internship. You will also connect with a Mentor who helps ensure that you have a positive experience and are working toward individual learning objectives which you determine together.
About the Membership and Philanthropy Team Internship:
As an intern with the Membership and Philanthropy team, you will support our influential business association to grow a robust membership base and providing enhanced value to current REBA members. Much of the work will focus on expanding the membership network through prospect identification, market leaders research and developing collateral to support the Membership and Philanthropy team’s objectives.
· This person is eager to learn, works efficiently under deadlines and is excited to take on independent projects.
· Support development of new corporate member pipeline, including research and outreach to prospective companies.
- Maintain internal database tracking member and prospect engagement and touch points.
- Write original blog posts to increase awareness of members’ activities and contribute to thought leadership pieces authored by members.
· Conduct mapping of current REBA members engagement in clean energy innovation and help identify new opportunities for involvement.
· Support landscape analysis of ways in which companies are currently procuring renewable energy in the U.S. and abroad as well as help forecast where the markets are heading.
· Develop collateral to promote member engagement in conferences, workshops, and events.
· Assist team members with time sensitive deliverables, scheduling, meeting minutes and other administrate duties.
- Other duties as assigned by Membership and Philanthropy team and other REBA leadership.
- Able to work effectively with others in a collaborative, supportive environment.
- Strong written and verbal communicator across platforms with a creative approach to information sharing.
- PowerPoint skills for developing internal and external presentations.
- Experience with or interest in leaning Salesforce and other CRM tools.
- Passion for achieving REBA’s vision of a resilient zero-carbon energy system including intellectual curiosity finger on the market pulse of this industry.
- Commitment to REBA’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence (RISE).
· Actively enrolled in undergraduate or graduate study and with experience in one or more areas:
o Energy/electricity markets in the US or internationally
o Renewable energy markets and technologies
o Corporate sustainability programs and reporting/disclosure criteria
· Eligible to work in the U.S.
Submit your cover letter and resume on via BambooHR portal.
Resumes will be accepted until 8:00 AM ET on 11/1/21. REBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer where applicants are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.