Renewable Energy Internship Opportunity (Part-Time, Remote)
Location: Remote OR 1425 K St NW, Suite 1110, Washington, DC 20005
Who we are
The Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA) is a community of energy buyers accelerating the zero-carbon energy future—greening the grid for all. We are an alliance of large clean energy buyers, energy providers, service providers, and NGOs, who are unlocking the marketplace for all non-residential energy buyers to lead a rapid transition to a cleaner, prosperous, zero-carbon energy future. Learn more: https://rebuyers.org/.
We value Respect in our treatment of people and the planet; Integrity in how we conduct ourselves; Service to REBA’s mission, members, and colleagues; and Excellence in our programs and work. Diversity is critical to realizing a zero-carbon energy system. We invite collaboration among people with different perspectives, identities, and ideas because innovative solutions to these complex challenges come from great minds who do not think alike.
Why intern with us?
REBA Interns gain professional skills and experience while working alongside our world-class team of supportive and collaborative individuals. You will build understanding of complex system change, the renewable energy industry, as well as how a trade association operates day-to-day. You’ll become part of a respectful community of staff and interns dedicated to building the zero-carbon future while offering your unique skills to achieving our goals.
· Compensation: $25/hour.
· Benefits: Most intern positions are not eligible for benefits except for paid sick leave related to covid-19. All are eligible for 1 paid Friday off per month.
· Educational credit: Eligibility for credit is determined by your educational institution
· Schedule: 20 hours/week. Weekly schedule is flexible and will be determined with your supervisor.
· Location: This position may be performed remotely from any U.S. location with reliable internet access or at the REBA office at 1425 K St NW, Washington, DC.
· Term: 3 months, with possibility to extend based on performance and availability.
· Start Date: Projected for 1/31/22 with some flexibility based on your availability.
· Intern Support: Interns work directly in one or more of REBA’s programs and quickly become an essential part of the team. Your Supervisor will support daily and weekly projects and tasks throughout your internship. You will also connect with a Mentor who helps ensure that you have a positive experience and are working toward individual learning objectives which you determine together.
About the Marketing and Communication Internship:
This position will work with the Communications, Marketing, and PR team to support REBA and the REBA Institute communications initiatives through research, planning, execution, and monitoring of key campaigns. Interns will work with their Supervisor and Mentor to identify 2-4 key objectives which they intend to meet throughout the course of the internship. The ideal candidate is eager to learn, an excellent written and oral communicator, has excellent proofreading skills, and has some experience or interest in clean energy public policy, media relations, publishing, or journalism.
· Conduct industry and media research, tracking news stories, identifying emerging trends and topical themes, and coordinating incoming media inquiries.
· Support development of original content for REBA’s social media channels and blog.
· Support design projects, including social media graphics, visual story-telling, and photo selection.
· Support email marketing campaigns, including for member recruitment, newsletters, and event invitations.
· Collaborate with REBA teams to develop compelling key messages across core program initiatives to support internal and external communications.
· Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the communications team.
- Actively enrolled in undergraduate or graduate course of study
- Passion for achieving REBA’s vision of a resilient zero-carbon energy system
- Commitment to REBA’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence (RISE)
- Able to work effectively with others in a collaborative, supportive environment
- Strong written and verbal communicator or strong commitment to improving these skills
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
Submit your cover letter and resume on via BambooHR portal here. Resumes will be accepted until 8:00 AM ET on 11/1/21
REBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer where applicants are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.