The Role Manager, Finance & Operations
Location Currently remote, but this position would be located in Washington, DC once REBA returns to the office
About the Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance
The Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA) is an alliance of large clean energy buyers, developers, and service providers who, together with NGO partners, are unlocking the marketplace for all non-residential energy buyers to lead a rapid transition to a cleaner, prosperous, zero-carbon energy future. REBA’s vision is a resilient zero-carbon energy system where every organization has a viable, expedient, and cost-effective pathway to renewable energy.
About the REBA Institute
The REBA Institute delivers transformational renewable energy research, thought leadership, and education to identify barriers, best practices, and solutions to today’s clean energy challenges.
More about REBA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdp1DkG6Uow&t=11s
REBA’s Manager, Finance & Operations will report to the CFO / COO and will help manage financial reporting, budgeting, operational policies and procedures and compliance functions at a rapidly growing, non-profit trade association. This is an opportunity is to professionalize the Finance and Operations functions from the ground up vs executing a mature organizations’ established policies and procedures. This role helps realize REBA’s vision by developing and supporting the underpinnings to necessary in supporting a world-class organization where talents are unleashed, processes zoom and work is fun.
- Prepare and review monthly financial reporting, including analysis of budget-to-actual, grant funding analysis, and other key metrics
- Support the organization’s budget process, including development of annual budgets, and periodic re-casts throughout the fiscal period.
- Participate in development of grant proposal budgets and ongoing monitoring of actual performance against budget
- Participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of finance and operations policies, practices, and processes which support compliance, organizational effectiveness, and a strong internal control environment
- Lead in management of staffing resource allocation
- Build strong relationships within the organization, supporting team-level processes and procedures, systems, and budgets
- Other duties as assigned
- A combination of prior experience and/or education equivalent to a Master’s degree and 7 or more years’ relevant experience.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Detailed and organized yet comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with frequent changes
- Experience using Sage Intacct is helpful but not required
- Experience in non-profit organizations is helpful but not required
REBA strives for pay equity, based on experience, qualifications, and performance. REBA’s Manager / Sr. Manager salary band is $86,000 to $130,000 with a 10% bonus opportunity and very generous benefits. REBA strives for salary equity based on the job, and the candidate’s experience, skills, education, and (once hired) performance at REBA—not based on a candidate’s negotiation skills, gender, race, sexual orientation, or any other non-skills-based attributes.
We offer competitive compensation plus a comprehensive benefits package that aims to develop a world class team by holistically supporting the individual. REBA believes that supporting all employees to have a full life, inside and outside of work, results in a team that feels personally engaged in REBA’s success.
· Quality Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, with substantial employer subsidy
· 401(k), with employer match
· Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
· Flexible and Casual Work Environment
· Highly Flexible paid time off policy including generous parental leave for both parents, elder care leave and provisions for paid sabbaticals
Our Commitment to Diversity
Achieving REBA’s vision of a resilient, zero-carbon energy system requires creative problem-solving and a wide range of perspectives; REBA knows that diversity not only makes our organization stronger, but also is foundational to our mission success.
REBA is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in company policy and the way we do business at REBA and is an important principle of sound business management.
Inclusion goes beyond diversity. All REBA staff shall be committed to accepting and encouraging different perspectives. Creative solutions to tough problems is fostered by respectful challenging of one another’s thoughts and assumptions. REBA will strive for inclusion also by being open to a variety of cultural practices and norms. We will strive to ever increase our understanding and unveil our unconscious biases.
REBA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, results of genetic testing, caregiver status, and past, present or prospective service in the military in addition to any other protected categories required by state, federal or local regulations. Equal employment opportunity, applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, discipline, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits and training.