Product Design Intern
Redfin is redefining real estate in the consumer’s favor by combining our own technology and agents to create a service that’s better, faster, and costs less. As a Redfinnian, you’ll make a difference in one of life’s most important events—buying or selling a home. Our hiring standards are high, yet our culture is humble. No matter what role you have, you’ll be both challenged and inspired every day. We’ve got all the perks, but if what you value most is doing great work in a creative, collaborative, and disciplined environment, join us.
As a Product Design Intern, you’ll play a critical role in delivering on Redfin’s mission. You will work closely with a product manager and a team of engineers where you will own the end to end design for mobile and desktop of either consumer-facing or enterprise-facing software. This work is done through a culture of feedback, mutual respect, and kindness while building each other up with our diversity of skills and experiences.
- Identify requirements, use cases, and user journeys in partnership with Product and Engineering
- Use both qualitative and quantitative insights to bring the voice of our customers into your work
- Explore and test divergent ideas while knowing when to bring it all together into an executable vision
- Gather feedback from your peers, cross-functional partners, and most of all our users
- Advocate for your designs by bringing a strong and informed point of view to cross-functional and leadership presentations
Skills & Experience
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. in Interaction Design, Information Design, or Human-Centered Design or a related field with at least one semester/quarter remaining after internship.
- Expertise with at least one statistical software package such as R, Python, Strata, etc
- Proficiency in SQL or the ability to explain complex ideas clearly to a non-technical audience
- Housing-market experience is a plus but not required. Candidates should be eager to dive deeper into housing-related issues
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation packages with a salary, relocation and housing stipend
- Far more responsibility than at a big company, while at the same time far less stress than you will find in a 2-person startup
- A company that takes care of its employees, giving them the tools, support, and benefits to be successful, regardless of if we are in the office or working remote
- Strong startup culture with catered lunches, casual dress code, happy hours, and more
- Close mentorship by a Senior Data Engineer who will be available for both formal and informal meetings and discussions
- The opportunity to work start to finish on meaningful tasks and projects, using new technologies and building data structures that last
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.