Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
You will help manage the development of the world’s leading tech-enabled drug discovery platform. You will work with peers across the company to grow Recursion’s capabilities in large-scale biological data generation for machine learning, focusing on the development and deployment of emerging cell perturbation tools and cell culture approaches, such as genome-wide CRISPRi/a. In particular, you will:
- Guide strategy for ongoing projects and future opportunities at the intersection of cellular biology and machine learning
- Build novel processes for massive biological data generation using cutting edge techniques
- Empower a team of data scientists, biologists, and engineers
- Improve on novel assays and analysis approaches
- Coordinate delivery of complex, high-stakes projects
Examples of previous projects at Recursion that give a flavor of the types of efforts that will be in scope:
- Creation of an algorithm to custom design an arrayed whole genome CRISPR guide RNA library used to knock out every gene individually across multiple human cell types.
- Development of proprietary protocols using CRISPR gene editing to model gene deficiency of every gene in the human genome in an arrayed and high-throughput format.
- Development of approaches to rapidly onboard new cell types onto our high throughput multi-omics platform
The Team You’ll Join
Recursion’s Product team translates company-level strategy into specific internal development projects and capabilities. We decide what to build and express the why, while supporting builders to manage the how. We focus our decisions on the long-term impact that the new capabilities have on our in-house drug discovery programs. Join us to guide the development of the industry’s first truly industrialized drug discovery engine.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Experience in product management or similar practices, such as strategy, planning, prioritizing, building, implementation, and gathering feedback for complex team efforts
- Exposure to cellular biology or other biological fields of study either through education, work experience, or research experience
- Exposure to machine learning and data science, especially having a working understanding of the tradeoffs required to make meaningful progress in absence of perfect data. Additional engineering experience is a plus!
- Experience engaging in peer to peer conversations with subject matter experts to drive and align on product strategy and vision.
- Experience translating between experts in engineering and data science to identify business needs and find solutions
- Lifelong learner with a creative, collaborative approach
The Experience That’s (Very) Nice to Have
- Experience with genome editing techniques such as CRISPR-cas9, CRISPRa, CRISPRi and BacMam-vector gain-of-function
- Experience building machine learning products at scale
- 1+ years of product management experience focusing on technical or scientific products or services
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Recursionaut:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.