Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
You will help manage experiment design and data processing tools development for the world’s leading tech-enabled drug discovery platform. You will work with peers across the company to grow Recursion’s capabilities in experiment design, data management, data processing and visualization. In particular, you will:
- Understand deeply the needs of biology and chemistry to help guide strategy for ongoing experiment design and data processing tools development.
- Build efficient processes for uni- and multi-dimensional biology and chemistry data generation and storage
- Empower a team of biologists, chemists, and data scientists to generate, store, and access the data they need to make decisions
- Improve on current processes to deliver faster and more reliable data management and processing workflows
- Impact the user experience with easily customizable and multi-purpose data visualizations that facilitate rapid decision making from highly diverse datasets
The Team You’ll Join
Recursion’s Product team translates company-level strategy into specific internal development projects and capabilities. We decide what to build and express the why, while supporting builders to manage the how. We focus our decisions on the long-term impact that the new capabilities have on our in-house drug discovery programs. Join us to guide the development of the industry’s first truly industrialized drug discovery engine.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Experience in product management or similar practices, such as strategy, planning, prioritizing, building, implementation, and gathering feedback for complex team efforts
- Experience using and developing data visualization user interfaces
- Experience with data processing tools, such as approaches to data normalization, transformation procedures and best fit curve generation methods
- Experience engaging in peer-to-peer conversations and translating between experts to identify needs and find solutions
- Exposure to cellular biology or drug discovery either through education, work experience, or research experience
- Exposure to experiment design and analysis software such as Benchling, Spotfire, Graphpad or similar
- Exposure to data warehousing best practices for example on how to achieve consistent and accurate experiment storage and documentation
- Lifelong learner with a creative, collaborative approach
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Recursionaut:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.