Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
You will help manage the development of the world’s leading tech-enabled drug discovery platform. In particular, you will:
- Create a world-class scientific research platform, including infrastructure for generating, storing, processing and analyzing petabytes of diverse drug discovery data and processes that enable rapid and large-scale machine learning. For example, you’ll be on a team responsible for building, operating and iterating on a data platform that allows users to discover and query across the breadth of our data at Recursion, which includes a chemistry library of 12 billion virtual compounds, nearly 8 PB of cellular microscopy images taken in 10’s of millions of different experimental contexts involving 1 million different reagents, bioassay data across approximately 50 drug discovery programs, and more.
- Guide technical strategy for continuously generating, storing and using massive-scale data in formats that are both secure and intuitive to access and use for both data scientists and drug discovery teams. With input from both internal users and builders, the product manager sets the strategic vision and ensures company impact of the Recursion platform.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of bold new technical product lines, from ideation, to prioritization, specification, implementation, quality assurance, launch, and iteration.
- Amplify the capabilities of cross-disciplinary teams of software engineers, data scientists, machine learning engineers, drug discovery biologists and chemists, and automation robotics scientists, including through dissemination of a product vision, data consumption use cases, roadmaps, and technical product requirements.
The Team You’ll Join
Recursion’s Product team translates company-level strategy into specific internal development projects and capabilities. We decide what to build and express the why, while supporting builders to manage the how. We focus our decisions on the long-term impact that the new capabilities have on our in-house drug discovery programs. Join us to guide the development of the industry’s first truly industrialized drug discovery engine.
As an early leader in the new Toronto office you will have an important impact by shaping how new technical teams embrace the Recursion Values as they deliver challenging data platform problems while effectively collaborating across physical locations, business domains, and technical functions.
The Experience You’ll Need
- PhD or masters degree in a technical or scientific field, or equivalent hands-on industry experience with novel technical or scientific work.
- 5+ years of industry experience focused on building engineering infrastructure.
- Track record of delivering large-scale data processing and data analytics tools, including data processing pipelines, large-scale and high-throughput backend services, and/or user-facing applications that use those services.
- Up to date on emerging industry trends and tools. You understand the tradeoffs between different data platform architectures and technologies and can draw on this knowledge to lead the design of the data infrastructure for Recursion.
- Experience delivering novel systems and solutions.
- Experience in product management or similar practice including strategy, planning, prioritizing, building, implementation, and gathering feedback for complex team efforts.
- Understand how to translate between experts in engineering, data science and the natural sciences (e.g. biology, chemistry) to identify business needs and find solutions.
- Lifelong learner with a creative, collaborative approach.
- Experience in machine learning engineering is a plus.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Recursionaut:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.