Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
As an intern, you’ll have access to our data, and you’ll have the resources and independence to delve into problems that you find interesting in addition to assigned projects. Thanks to our robust engineering infrastructure, you’ll get to spend less time data munging and more time science-ing.
As a data science intern, you will be collaborating with cross-functional teams of biologists, chemists, software engineers, and data scientists to help improve our understanding of the biology present in our imaging data. We will give you real-world data to work with, and expect you to come up with creative approaches to solve the problems you’re presented with. You will work closely with both your intern mentor and the rest of the data science team.
Our Intern program runs 3-6 months and can start any time, depending on your availability.
- Passion for the company mission and comfort with answering open-ended questions
- Ability to brainstorm and communicate with cross-functional teams
- Strong foundation of statistics, probability, and machine learning
- Strong programming experience, preferably in Python
- Experience working with large, high-dimensional datasets (preferred)
- Knowledge of biology/life sciences (preferred)
THE DATA YOU’LL WORK WITH
- Fully automated experimental protocols
- Images and extracted features from > 10 billion cells
- >9 petabytes
- Hundreds of thousands of biological and chemical perturbations
- Clean and easily loaded
- More info and a small (for us) public release can be found here
PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY
- 3-6 months of full-time, paid internship
- Ongoing mentoring and training from our Data Science team