Our mission is to simplify real estate investment by connecting investors to high quality commercial real estate transactions. Real estate is the most popular asset class in the world, and probably the most fraught with peril for the individual investor. Individuals have extremely limited information and access beyond their own neighborhood. The ability to do due diligence is minimal, and it is complex to negotiate, purchase, manage, and liquidate.
RealtyMogul was created to make this asset class available. We allow our investors to buy portions of properties instead of entire ones or get exposure to multiple properties via third party funds or our proprietary REITs. We source the partners or investments ourselves, diligence them ourselves and walk every property that we offer up for investment.
We have been at it since 2013 and have backed more than 90 operating partners across the country in addition to building our own direct acquisitions team. We have learned what a great property that is well managed looks like. We leverage our experience to find the best deals, actively asset manage, and maximize our investors’ returns.
Today we are one of the largest, most recognizable brands in online real estate crowdfunding, with over $750 Million in capital invested into over $4 billion of real estate nationwide. We were recently named the #1 Commercial Real Estate Crowdfunding Platform by Motley Fool. We remain focused on building the best online experience to enable investment into highly vetted commercial real estate assets and to educate our growing user base about the many aspects of real estate investing, all through an online, scalable platform.
About the Role:
The ideal IT Director for RealtyMogul comes with a blend of current expertise in cloud-based IT and security, end-user support experience and a desire to grow with an expanding company. They strive for excellent customer service, have strong problem-solving skills, are resourceful, focus on process improvement and are obsessed with the details.
This role oversees RealtyMogul’s complete IT function, including managing our cloud applications, managing all hardware and inventory, conducting IT training for New Employee Onboarding, and overseeing all data and application security functions. Security responsibility for the company will include working with third parties to audit our security posture and build plans for remediation.
If you live in the Los Angeles area, want to be the IT leader at a fast-growing fintech company, work closely with employees to identify and implement systems and process improvements to make us more efficient and productive, while helping to implement and maintain the latest in IT security, please read on! This position will report to the CTO of RealtyMogul.
This role is located in the greater Los Angeles, CA area.
Must be legally eligible to work in the US.
What You’ll Do:
- Own and support our IT infrastructure for a growing team of 75+ employees, including everything from mobile devices to laptops to cloud applications.
- Manage our Zendesk support helpdesk function.
- Oversee overall security posture of the company including a third-party auditing resource and remediation
- Drive routine audits to ensure compliance with company IT/security guidelines
- Manage the Helpdesk function including a full time Helpdesk team (starting at 1)
- Manage all employee computing needs (laptops and MacBooks), handling repair for warranty/non-warranty machines as needed
- Maintain Azure active directory and M365 licenses
- Manage user access and privileges via SSO to multiple applications (Okta)
- Work closely with the Product Engineering team to manage our AWS Footprint and security
- Provide support to HR for onboarding/offboarding employees
- Build and deliver training for new employees on security risks and requirements, their laptops, applications, and general IT needs
- Create annual IT plan and budget to support business objectives and future systems growth
- Establish and document best practices through the entire technical support process
- Manage IT vendor relationships, sourcing, purchasing and adherence to budgets
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience administering IT environments using cloud-based solutions and have demonstrated success in owning the entire IT function at a current/prior company
- Experience managing M365, Active Directory and InTune for companies with 50+ employees
- Experience deploying/managing Mac OS environments
- Experience managing Okta (or other SSO/Identity management platforms)
- Experience working with AWS Account Management and network infrastructure
- Experience working directly with end-users on troubleshooting issues both small and large, remotely
- Strong understanding of current trends in cloud-based IT management and can bring new ideas to the role
- Experience setting up computer networks and network administration (for future office space)
- Understands working in a small, growing company can encompass many facets of your role
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communicator who is at ease interacting across multiple departments and with many employees from the CEO to individual team members.
- Known for timely and thorough responses to IT requests.
- Trustworthy and able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Comfortable working in a small company environment and problem-solving IT issues without the need for significant supervision
- Prior history building and managing a small IT team is a bonus