Business Development Representative – BDR – Remote
Rapidan Energy Group is an independent energy market, policy, and geopolitical analysis firm with headquarters in Washington, DC. We’re a highly regarded consultancy led by a team of former senior officials and policymakers who have served in top government posts in the energy policy, national security, and intelligence areas. Our team provides differentiated energy market insight and research to a wide array of world-class clients, including leading corporations and financial market participants.
Rapidan is looking for an outgoing and highly-motivated Business Development Representative (BDR). This BDR position is full-time and remote in nature.
As a BDR, you will report directly to Rapidan’s Vice President of Business Development. Your main goal will be to source and open important business opportunities for Rapidan. This is a lead and pipeline development role, combined with sales and marketing strategy, collaboration, and development.
- Research market segments and individual prospect companies with the aim of finding potential client fit for Rapidan
- Identify specific, qualified prospects and organize them within Rapidan’s sales CRM
- Attempt to contact qualified prospects through phone, email, and social media
- Meet/exceed agreed-upon targets for qualified prospect contact attempts
- Schedule demo/pitch meetings with qualified prospects
- Consistently develop new prospect opportunities in sales pipeline
- Manage all aspects of Rapidan’s sales CRM
- Participate in call/email review and training, with constant eye towards learning and improving outreach effectiveness
- Assist with occasional marketing activities, e.g. posting on company LinkedIn page
- 1-3 years professional business development (B2B) experience, with demonstrated record of success in these activities
- Exposure to energy, commodity trading, fund management, and/or finance sectors a plus
- Relentless and positive attitude towards B2B prospecting, finding new leads, and setting up new meetings with prospects
- Passionate about prospect/client relationships and interactions overall
- Positive attitude, great interpersonal skills, and ability to work well on a remote, national team
- Well-versed with overall sales technology stack, as well as Google Suite
To be considered for this BDR role, please send the below items to Yashna Anand at the following email address: email@example.com
1) Current resume;
2) Preferred phone and email contact information;
All submissions containing these three components will receive a response from Rapidan Energy Group. Permanent authorization to work in the United States required.
Rapidan Energy Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers generous health, retirement, and leave policies and plans.