Site Solutions Consultant/Senior Consultant
Henderson or Las Vegas, NV, USA
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Ramboll US Consulting, Inc. (Ramboll) is a leading scientific environmental consulting firm providing a broad range of technical services to both public and private sector clients. As such, Ramboll has earned a reputation as a leader of the areas of environmental risk assessment and management, strategic compliance management, and environmental liability assessment.
Ramboll is seeking an energetic, highly motivated, collaborative, and resourceful Consultant/Senior Consultant to join the company in the Las Vegas/Henderson, Nevada metropolitan area.
This position may include, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Conducting field investigations, including the collection of soil, soil gas, air, and/or groundwater samples under the direction of a registered Professional Geologist, Professional Engineer, or Certified Environmental Manager.
- Overseeing monitoring well installation, development and sampling.
- Providing technical analysis of complicated site contamination and regulatory compliance issues and preparing technical reports that effectively communicate findings.
- Evaluation of environmental datasets and preparation of technical reports based on the results of field sampling and remediation activities.
- Preparation of permit applications and/or overseeing implementation of permit conditions.
- Critically reviewing and interpreting environmental regulations.
- Following corporate health and safety standards.
- Preparation of scopes of work and cost estimates.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- 2 to 5 years of experience in conducting field investigations as described above.
- Experience with federal and Nevada multi-media environmental regulations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- B.S. or M.S. in a relevant engineering discipline (chemical, civil, or environmental) or in a relevant science discipline (geology or chemistry).
- Ability to work effectively (independently and with a team) with multiple project deadlines, prioritize projects, and deliver on tight timelines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time, sometimes on short notice and dependent upon project requirements.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and a reliable form of transportation. The successful candidate will need to provide evidence of a good driving record (MVR) and proof of personal insurance coverage.
- Geologist-in-Training or Engineer-in-Training certification
- Completion of the OSHA 40-hour health and safety training course
- Database (e.g., Access) and GIS skills.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to drive, travel and/or perform field work out of the office approximately 75% of the time.
- Must be able to perform the following actions while conducting fieldwork: stooping/kneeling/crouching, standing for long periods of time, pulling/pushing and lifting equipment and supplies, walking on uneven terrain.
- Ability to work in outdoor environments and hot/arid conditions.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and in proximity to noise and hazards (i.e., proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, and exposure to chemicals, fumes, odors, dusts, and gases). Worker may be required to wear a respirator. Proper training and protective equipment will be provided as necessary.
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase livability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
An equal opportunity employer
At Ramboll, we respect human rights and believe that equality, diversity and inclusion foster the best results and a welcoming work environment without discrimination or harassment.
Ramboll conducts all relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.
We invite applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, pregnancy and maternity, military service and veteran status or any other status protected by the law, to become a part of our journey.
We believe that diversity is a strength and that differences between people add value to our organization and allows us to play our part in creating sustainable societies.
How to apply
Apply online at ramboll.com/careers. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application!