We invite you to bring your environmental field skills into play as you help us solve our clients most complicated problems. To succeed in this role, you must have 0-3 years of experience plus an Associate’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering Technology or related field. Are you our new Environmental Engineering Field Technician? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave an positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Ramboll Environment & Health department
As our new Environmental Engineering Field Technician you will be part of our interdisciplinary Atlanta, GA team. You will work with all levels of expertise from entry level team members to members with decades of experience, many of whom are subject matter experts in their fields. Consultants and Managers are part of a continual learning environment where they learn through coaching, mentoring and on-the-job tasks.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Performing a wide range of simple to semi-complex tasks encompassing field assignments based on client requirements.
- Assists in environmental sampling programs of environmental facilities including water/wastewater treatment facilities, sanitary storm sewers, leachate collection system, gas collection systems, monitoring wells, ground water recovery and remediation systems, and industrial waste streams.
- Assist with detailed field inspection activities and programs
- Responsible for preparation and operation of inspection equipment in the field
- Responsible for equipment calibration/operation and repair, as applicable
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 80% throughout the United States and Canada
- Participates actively in creating a safety culture in the office and at the jobsite
- Adheres to the policies and standards set forth in the Firm’s Quality Management System
- High School Diploma / Vocational training or equivalent
- Associate Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering Technology or related field, preferred
- Applicable health & safety training preferred
- Typically, 0-3 years’ experience (2 years of inspection experience preferred)
- Ability to learn AutoCAD, previous experience with AutoCAD is preferred
- Past construction/plumbing experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Physical Requirements: Walking (typically up to 5 miles per day), lifting (e.g., 50-pound manhole covers), carrying equipment (push camera/hose reel), repeated crouching under equipment (such as conveyors), ability to read drawings/plans. Once access to a drainage features is achieved, moderate to strenuous upper body strength is again required for approximately 5-15 minutes to operate the push cameras. The work above can be done from the knees or a crouch depending on the environment. From this position, additional reaching and stretching is often required. Applicant can expect to work from their knees for up to 30 mins at a time (though it is important to note that breaks may be taken during this time). Accessing each of these positions of entry could require the candidate employee to navigate through tight spaces while rolling multiple pieces of equipment that weigh approximately 50 lbs each.
- Site Visit Requirements: Walking through facility exterior (e.g., to document stormwater conveyances, process wastewater treatment system) and interior of facility to document process wastewater conveyances. Activities typically require situation awareness with respect to powered industrial trucks (e.g., forklifts, pallet jacks) and over the road trucks. During push camera inspections, floor drains/cleanouts are opened for inspection – this may require several dozen accesses during the course of a 12-hour work day. During inspections, notes are taken, and drawings must be consulted. approximately 60% of the features we come across require working with hand tools to gain access. This most typically requires using hammers, pliers, channel locks, wrenches, Allen keys, etc. from 5-15 mins at a time.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Good time management and detail oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
An equal opportunity employer
At Ramboll, we respect human rights and believe that equality, diversity and inclusion foster the best results and a welcoming work environment without discrimination or harassment.
We believe that diversity is a strength and that differences between people add value to our organization and allows us to play our part in creating sustainable societies.
How to apply
Apply online https://ramboll.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Early_Careers/job/Atlanta/Environment—Health–Environmental-Engineering-Field-Technician_JR16414
Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application!